Wednesday 23 October 2013

My sensei

The Nostalgia Critic is my "sensei" in critics.

Things I like:

-makes fun of the shows he reviews and he's funny
-I like his catch phrase "hello, I'm the nostalgia critic.  I remember so you don't have to."    I like the words and the way he says them
- he works hard on each of his shows
- he takes small sections of a movie and comments on them.
- I like that he is a character
- I like that he does "top11"...... Or "top 10" - characters, villains, songs, etc
- I like that he does "old" vs "new" - karate kid, Charlie and the chocolate factory.


Things I don't like:

- uses some dirty words
-uses comments and words that are not suitable for children
- doesn't use warnings on his videos that these are only suitable for adults

Things I have learned:

- he first talks about the beginning of the movie and explains it
- he explains things simply
- he has a script, an outline
- he dies his critique in an orderly way
-his background behind him is plain and I like him doing his show against a plain background

3 comments:

  1. You should review the corpse bride :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cameron,

    This post is very good in several ways: 1. Calling your mentor, "sensei" is unique and funny. I like it. 2. You've learned how to organize a movie review. 3. You've identified some things about your mentor's show that you can improve on.

    Excellent work, Cameron!

    Mr. Hazeu

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete